Terms and Conditions
LE PETIT HOTEL, SUMNER, CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND
- Seasonal rates may apply. Discounts may apply to extended stay guests, or corporate bookings.
- Block bookings are permitted to a maximum of 13 persons. A reasonable additional (service) charge may apply for such a booking.
- Confirmation code. Upon reservation a confirmation code will be issued in conjunction with email advice, where possible.
- Payment for accommodation. The full accommodation period tariff, less any prior deposit, is due for payment on arrival unless other prior arrangements have been made with the hotel management.
- Check-in time is 3pm or later on arrival day. Earlier times: by arrangement.
- Departure time: PIN code access automatically expires at 12 noon on departure day.
- Cancellation Period. A reservation/booking cancellation must take place not less than 72 hours or 3 full days before the scheduled arrival (or reservation start date). A cancellation code will be issued. Le Petit Hotel provides affordable high standard seaside French style Bed & Breakfast accommodation and cancellations affect the business greatly. Reservations cancelled less than 72 hours i.e 3 full days of the intended arrival (reservation start date) will attract a charge of 1 night’s lodging full rate(not discounted) tariff, per (booked) room.
- Management will endeavour to refill the cancelled booking and if successful, the cancellation charge will not be made.
- Unclaimed Accommodations. If a reservation for a room( or a multiple day booking) has not been claimed, or cancelled within 3 days of the intended arrival time, the room or rooms will each be held available until checkout time the following day, and then a No Show Fee penalty equivalent to 1 night’s lodging (full rate - not discounted) tariff per room will apply.
- Security. The security of guests’ property is a high priority. All valuables such as travel documents, credit cards and personal property are the full responsibility of the individual lodgers. Guests must ensure that their hotel bedroom terrace or balcony French doors are locked internally, and that the bedroom entrance door has fully latched closed, before leaving the room at any time.
- Smoking is NOT permitted within the hotel complex, in the bedrooms, bathrooms, nor on the balconies. All rooms are fitted with monitored smoke detectors, which will sound an alarm if any smoke is present. Where smoking has been detected within the hotel, an additional charge of $100 will be made to cover the additional cleaning of furnishings, carpets, bedcovers, cushions etc.
- Physical damage and or interference to hotel property. Management reserves the right to recover actual and reasonable costs from any guest in the event of damage to hotel property, bedding, carpets, towels, furnishings, electronic equipment, locks etc. Furthermore, in the instance where substantive damage has occurred to such hotel property, and in circumstances where the management believe there has been a lack of reasonable & responsible care on the part of the guest or guests, management reserves the right to recover costs for those damages to an amount not exceeding $1000.00 per instance.
- Parking of vehicles on hotel property. While management will take all reasonable care and attention in respect of guests vehicles, such vehicles are parked on hotel property at their owners/drivers risk. Guests are also reminded not to leave any valuable items or important documents in any parked vehicles. If you have any security concerns, please discuss these with the duty manager.